The plan for our 2015 trip:
- arrive 9th of April – leave the 23rd of April
- install ourselves in our apartment in Futian next to the Shenzhen Golf park and close to the Convention & Exhibition Centre
- visit CITE and MCU! MCU!
- visit the electronics markets Huaqiangbei, Yihua and Depu with our shopping list and room for surprises
- visit local businesses, factories, hacker-spaces, incubators and meet interesting people
- get to know the city centre and Dong Men a bit more
- have a spa day
There are very few places around the world more connected to electronics production than Shenzhen, China. If your device says ‘Made in China’ this is probably where it comes from. During our stay, we want to share our experience of Shenzhen. The madness of manufacturing and the Chinese wall of language and cultural differences that we expect to run into and climb over. If you have any specific questions about Shenzhen – tweet us @rocket_not and we will be you experimentators.
Our group this year
When in doubt, fail harder!
Experimental research settings, learning by gaming expert, haute catering, mediator Website
Share & enjoy! Building education out of the experiences, code and design files of TINRS. I would like to develop the data we create in order to make them more shareable and spread the core concept.
Building a new programming language and growing a beard LinkedIn
Building better programming tools to get the most out of your hardware – Help you crazy people make cool stuff.
IT support, crazy hair, visualizer, omega-tester, generally interested LinkedIn
Investigating what kind of projects can be started between the TINRS team and my network in China. Building relationships and travel a lot.
Going from software to hardware at break-neck speed LinkedIn